It is free, flexible and constantly being improved, on January 15 of 2007, Drupal 5.0 was released; on January 6, 2011 Drupal 6.0 to clarify the PHP compatibility; and now we got the latest release on January 5, 2011, Drupal 7.0, a great way to start the year!
“Drupal 7.0 is in pursuit” of all those “Do as I command” programs out there that denies you of everything from personal blogs to enterprise applications, its mission is to help you achieve a web site like any other you imagine before. This new version allies with thousands of add-on modules and designs that let you build any site you can imagine. Thousands of people in more than two hundred countries power it. Are you an ally or an enemy?
On forum subject, it lets the administrators control whether content and comments are posted without approval or through community moderation. With the built-in news aggregator, communities can subscribe to and then discuss about any content from other sites.
The Drupal core installation can be used as a brochure ware website, a single- or multi-user blog, an Internet forum, or a community website providing for user-generated content. The standard release of Drupal, known as Drupal core, contains basic features common to CMS, including:
- User account registration and maintenance
- Menu management
- Page layout customization
- System administration
To add more greatness, it is the Drupal policy to support only its current major release, and the previous release in order to prevent any more Internet Explorer 6 in our hands.
This new version got totally evolved equipment:
- Vastly improved administrative user interface thanks to the D7UX movement.
- Flexible content and custom fields.
- Better visual presentation and themes with Render API.
- Accessibility is greatly improved.
- Image support is now included.
- Automated code testing.
- Improved database support.
- Better distribution support.
- Support for the Semantic Web through RDF a markup.
The classification system allows hierarchical ordering, cross-indexing of posts and multiple categories sets for most content types and makes easier the Administration Manager with a very neat left menu where you can find:
- Content management- members can publish stories, blogs, polls, images or forums. Administrators can easily customize the design of their Drupal installation.
- User management
- Comment module
- Content types
- Post settings
- RSS publishing
Don’t be afraid of Drupal and begin a journey of unlimited creativity!