Of course you guys already know that we have quite a few of these magnificent human beings running around the office. HTML Coders are by far one of the most interesting human beings on the planet; by now you are probably wondering why I am talking about this non-sense, let me explain:
I have followed and observed our HTML coders for a while now and noticed quite a few interesting facts:
1. The vast majority of coders at CodeMyConcept smoke, one of the reasons why they do it is probably to have an excuse to go outside and see daylight, be social and talk to other people in the office, to force themselves to go get some “fresh air”. Well if you go and check reasons why people smoke is to release stress. although our HTML coders are extremely happy, outgoing people, they take their jobs way seriously and that causes stress.
2. The vast majority of our HTML coders drink coffee. At CodeMyConcept we currently offer two types of coffee: A coffee machine and a coffee maker, you could easily say that those two machines work harder than regular coffee machines. Days at CodeMyConcept start early and end late, they need caffeine to run the little engines on their brains.
3. When working on a project, their interaction with others is very similar to autistic behavior. Which leads me to the need for smoking most of HTML coders have, they probably realize at some point that they need to talk to others and interact with people, they use the cigarette as an excuse to leave the catatonic state and be “normal” for a few minutes.
4. A lot of the coders have an special appreciation for the rock band Tool. The PSD to HTML Quality Control program the guys at CodeMyConcept created is called “MJK“, as a tribute to Tool’s front man Maynard James Keenan, if that doesn’t tell you there is some sort of infatuation going on, what will. Oh! One of the coders has a huge Alex Grey work tattooed on his back, he is known for having done some of the best Tool Album art: Lateralus.
5. HTML coders are the sweetest creatures on earth. It is unbelievable the kind of love that fills this entire office. HTML coders at CodeMyConcept really care for their coworkers, they built relationships amongst themselves quickly (probably during the smoking breaks) . they have pet names, they dedicate songs to each other and what not. This office sometimes feels like an eternal Saint Valentine’s day.
These are only five facts from my intensive research. I would like to see if other web coders or even web designers share this behavior and who knows, maybe I’ll continue my research and share it with you. Other interesting facts are: they loose track of time quite easily, do not have a feeding schedule and have the tendency spend a lot of money on Energy Busters.
Do you have a HTML coder behavior?