Most of you probably already know what Joomla is, however for those of you who don’t let me give you a quick explanation:
Joomla is one of the most flexible and user friendly content management systems ever, and not only it kicks ass when it comes to making a website user friendly to manage all content, it is also open source, meaning that it is free, and we all love it when things are free.
With Joomla, basically anyone can manage content, which can be simple text, photos, music, video, documents or anything you may want to include on your website. So how does PSD to Joomla works you wonder… is really like a walk in the park.
* Corporate Web sites
* Corporate intranets and extranets
* Online magazines, newspapers, and publications
* E-commerce and online reservations
* Government applications
* Small business Web sites
* Non-profit and organizational Web sites
* Community-based portals
* School and church Web sites
* Personal or family homepages
It is very important to keep in mind that when you make the web design or hire someone to do it for you, they create this design specific for Joomla, this will really help its usability. Before submitting you web design for a PSD to Joomla conversion make sure of the following:
1. Remember that Joomla works in modules and you need to keep this in mind when you create the templates.
2. Make sure you are also aware that there are several Joomla extensions available for different purposes so your design will have to be created taking into consideration any extension you may need.
3. There are hundreds of useful resources available online to help you improve and make the best out of you web design in Joomla, make sure you do your research according to your needs.
Now converting PSD to Joomla is really easy, at CodeMyConcept we have worked on hundreds if not thousands of Joomla implementations already, all you need to know however, is that to make a successful implementation from PSD to Joomla, first the PSD has to be sliced, turned first from PSD to HTML and then it can be implemented into Joomla.
Implementation depends on how detailed and customized the design is, usually an average PSD to Joomla conversion of a project with one homepage and a couple of sub-pages takes somewhere around 4 days to be fully done and functional, this includes both the PSD to HTML conversion and the Joomla implementation itself.
We really hope this article can help you understand better how this open source CMS can help you with your website, the stuff you need to consider before deciding which CMS will truly meet your requirements and expectations regarding the creation of your website and everything related.