We are back at CodeMyConcept dungeons. Thanks for joining us. Looking out old files we found all kinds of gadgets and software that web designers used to work with, so this need an update immediately! This time follow us through an autopsy procedure of a creative mind, we will discover how all web designers work, how can they make the most awesome templates ever.
Let’s begin by choosing one of our greatest designers and the process to decipher the creative apparel for the creative mind begins. All of our designers work with their heart on it, which is why we are going to examine it, let’s start with:
Right-Hand Side of the Heart- it receives all the power of Photoshop CS5: The ideal application to manipulate images and create web graphics. Photoshop has all the necessary tools and options you need such as: filters, brushes, actions, scripting, layer comps and the revert option. Here are other arteries that function to prepare the design for the PSD to XHTML process:
- Adobe Fireworks is a commercial raster and vector graphics editor designed specifically for web designers, it brings you a plethora of tools and options that make full web layout prototyping a breeze. This helps PSD slicing services a lot!
- FontStruct is a free font- Building tool brought to you by the world’s leading retailer of digital type, it lets you quickly and easily create fonts constructed out of geometrical shapes, which are arranged in a grid pattern, like tiles or bricks.
- Typechart lets you evaluate an assortment of web typography. Once you’ve discovered the font you like, you can use the Get CSS button to obtain the style rules for it.
- Designer Plaything- You can experiment with different web typography and color combinations. It also allows you to check color accessibility.
- Wellstyled Color Scheme Generator- A simple web tool that helps designers produce color themes.
Left-Hand Side of the Heart- We all need a broad knowledge of today’s marketplace. On this side we can see all kind of topics like SEO, Marketing, Psychology to name a few. These topics must become general knowledge in order to survive. Why is that?
- Marketing- Increasingly website owners are grasping that their online marketing strategy has to be about more than their website. Understanding SEO can help you explain what is best practice within SEO? What impacts does SEO have on usability, accessibility and copy? How advertising works on Social Media and the importance of a right community engagement.
- Copywriting – Therefore they need to understand the principles of writing for the web and indeed more general copywriting techniques.
- Contextual awareness- times have change; your viewers could be using a netbook or a mobile phone.
· Psychology- Designing usable websites requires an understanding of how users think and complete tasks. If you understand how people think it can also help with building and engaging communities.
That is all for now, it is time to revive our dear web designer to go back to working again, we hope you understand the function of our web designers and come back any time for the next experiment here at CodeMyConcept!