As some of you may already know, Internet Explorer 6 is a ten-year old browser that had became a really drag to must people who have the misfortune of working with it, is the nightmare of HTML Coders, web designers, web developers and even regular users.
Even though there are add-ons for IE6 and IE7 to make life easier for HTML Coders, they do not compare to the lasted Explorer version or Firefox. Some of the comments you can hear about the browser at the moment are:
- “Three more years of just plain hell and chaos…”
- “I’m glad Microsoft if FINALLY going to end of life IE 6 but 3 MORE YEARS?”
- “Stop using Internet Explorer 6. Pleeeeeease!”
- “Stop using Microsoft’s IE6 web browser, says Microsoft”
- “I’m doing my part to get IE6 to 1%”
Microsoft had sent a mission to the world, to erase IE6 for good in 3 years, according to Net Applications, IE6 still has 12% share worldwide. The mission, if you want to accept it, is to get this share under 1% worldwide, a very possible mission if you ask us.
Sites like this one IE6Countdown, teach you the reasons why IE6 must stop working, one of them being security: hackers already know too well how to infiltrate your computer by these means.
Some of the benefits of being updated are:
- View and manage multiple websites in one browser window with enhanced tab browsing.
- Find what you need quickly with innovative search and visual suggestion features.
- Help protect yourself and your computer from online threats with the SmartScreen Filter.
- Navigate quickly to the sites and content you care about most with Favorites Bar.
The good news is that for the United States IE6 share is only 2.9%, 3.5% in United Kingdom, 3.3% in Canada, almost there keep it going! But Norway and Finland are the only two countries where IE6 has less than 1% very good for you!
Most of the IE6 users are companies, it is necessary to let them see what they are risking, if a person use it, hackers party with their information, just imagine what they can do with the business secret data? One problem with upgrading IE is that people using Windows XP can’t upgrade IE beyond Internet Explorer 8. It has been designed for what you really do on the Web like searching, shopping, emailing, or just catching up on the world. Except now you can do all of those things faster, safer, and easier than ever. Tell your boss about it will really increase you work production.
Internet Explorer 6 has become a really huge problem, especially for people afraid of change, we don’t know why but there is a worrying fear to update your computer’s software or programs that completely delay and prevent you of moving forward.
Do not forget to access to http://www.ie6death.com/ for the final countdown and the fare away, to an old hero that became an enemy, on April 8 of 2014.
Rest in Peace Internet Explorer 6.